Translation of tax in Italian:
- tassa (feminine) (on su)(on individual)sales tax
imposta (feminine)imposta sulle venditeto collect o levy a taxprelevare un'impostato increase o raise taxesaumentare le imposteto cut taxesridurre le impostebefore taxal lordoafter taxal nettotax is deducted at source to pay tax o be liable for taxessere soggetto alle imposteto pay £1,000 in taxpagare 1.000 sterline di imposteto pay a substantial sum in tax to pay tax on one's earningspagare le ritenute sul proprio reddito o pagare le tasse in base al proprio reddito
- 1tassare (profits, earnings, person)to be taxed at a rate of 18%(person)
essere tassato all'aliquota del 18%(sum, income, profit)luxury goods are heavily taxed
essere tassato al 18%i beni di lusso sono pesantemente tassatito be taxed at a higher, lower rateessere soggetti a un tasso d'imposta più alto, più basso
- 3 [figurative] (strain, stretch)mettere a dura prova (patience, goodwill, wits)this will tax your wits!questo ti farà spremere le meningi!
- tax [somebody] with
accusare, tacciare qualcuno di (misdeed)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com