Translation of temperature in Italian:
- 1 (Meteorology, Physics) high, low temperaturetemperatura alta, bassaat a temperature of 100°Ca una temperatura di 100°Cat room temperaturea temperatura ambiente
- 2 (Medicine) to be running o have a temperature to have a temperature of 39°avere la febbre a 39to take somebody's temperaturemisurare la febbre a qualcunoto have a high temperature to have a slight temperature before n temperature chartgrafico della temperatura corporea
- 3 [figurative] to raise, lower the political temperaturefare aumentare, scendere la temperatura del dibattito politico
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com