Translation of timber in Italian:
- 1(for building) legname (masculine) (da costruzione)(for furniture) legname (masculine) (per mobili)seasoned, green timberlegno stagionato, verderoof timberslegname da costruzione (per tetti)before n (importer, exporter, trade)
per il legno(building, frame)
- 2 (lumber)tronchi (masculine plural) d'alberoto fell timberabbattere degli alberi“Timber!”“attenzione all'albero che cade!”before n timber plantation
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com