Translation of toast in Italian:
- 1 (tribute) to drink a toastfare un brindisi (to something per qualcosa)to drink a toast to somebodyfare un brindisi a qualcuno o per qualcunoto propose a toastproporre un brindisi (to somebody per qualcuno, in onore di qualcuno) (to something per qualcosa)“join me in a toast to the bride and groom”“facciamo un brindisi per gli sposi”
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com