Translation of tread in Italian:
transitive verb pass. trod p.pass. trodden
- calpestare, calcare (street, path, area)to tread grapes to tread water= stare a galla in posizione verticaleto tread something underfoot(cal)pestare qualcosato tread mud indoorssporcare di fango in casato tread mud into the carpetcamminare sul tappeto con le scarpe sporche di fangoto tread a path across the hillsidetracciare un sentiero lungo il fianco della collinashe's treading a dangerous pathè su una brutta chinato tread the same path as [figurative]seguire o calcare le orme dia well-trodden pathuna strada molto battuta [figurative]
intransitive verb pass. trod p.pass. trodden
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com