Translation of trust in Italian:
- 1 (faith) to betray somebody's trusttradire la fiducia di qualcunoa breach of trustun abuso di fiduciaa position of trust to have complete trust inavere completa fiducia into put one's trust inriporre la propria fiducia into take something on trustaccettare qualcosa sulla fiducia o sulla parolayou'll have to take it on trustdevi credermi sulla parola o devi fidarti
- 2 (set up by donor, testator)(arrangement)
fedecommesso (masculine)(property involved)to set up a trust for to hold something in trust for
proprietà (feminine) fiduciariatenere qualcosa in fedecommesso perto leave a sum in trust forlasciare una somma in amministrazione fiduciaria a
- 1 (believe)avere fiducia in, credere in (person, judgment)who can we trust?di chi possiamo fidarci?
- 2 (rely on)fidarsi dishe's not to be trustednon ci si può fidare di leitrust me they trust each othersi fidano l'uno dell'altrotrust her! (amused or annoyed)vatti a fidare!I wouldn't trust him anywhere near my carnon gli farei guidare la mia macchina per nulla al mondochildren cannot be trusted with matchesnon bisogna lasciare che i bambini maneggino i fiammiferiI wouldn't trust him further than I could throw him
- 3 (entrust)to trust somebody with somethingaffidare qualcosa a qualcunoI would trust you with my life
- 4 (hope)sperare, avere fiducia (that che)I trust notspero (proprio) di noI trust sospero (proprio) di sì o (lo) spero bene
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com