Translation of very in Italian:
- 2 (ideal)the very person I needproprio la persona che fa per methe very thing I needproprio quello che mi ci vuole
- 1 (extremely) (hot, cold, good, bad) I'm very sorrymi dispiace moltohow very sadè una cosa tristissimavery wellmolto beneyou know very well whysai benissimo il perchéshe couldn't very well do thatnon poteva mica fare cosìthat's all very well but …tutto molto bene, però …very much to like something very muchamare molto qualcosavery much bettermolto meglioI didn't eat, find very muchnon ho mangiato, trovato moltoto be very much a city dwelleressere proprio un tipo cittadinoit's very much a question ofè veramente una questione dithe Very Reverendil reverendissimo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*