Translation of wander in Italian:
- 3 (arrive nonchalantly)to wander inarrivare tranquillamentehe wandered into work two hours lateè tranquillamente arrivato al lavoro con due ore di ritardoto wander over to o up to somebodyavvicinarsi tranquillamente a qualcuno
- 4 (drift) (mind, thoughts, attention)(through boredom, inattention) vagare, errare(through age, illness) farneticare, vaneggiare(eyes, gaze, hands)her mind wandered back to
errare (over su)riandò con la mente alet your mind wanderlascia che la tua mente vaghi o errito wander off the point o subjectallontanarsi dal tema o divagareher eyes wandered along the row, among the crowd
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com