transitive verb pass. wove o weaved p.pass. woven o weaved
- 3 [figurative] (create)tessere (story, narrative, plot)to weave the plot around one's own experiencetessere una trama basata sulla propria esperienzato weave something into a storyintrodurre o inserire qualcosa in un raccontoto weave together something and somethingintrecciare qualcosa con qualcosato weave two things togethermescolare due cosethe writer weaves a spelllo scrittore crea l'incantesimo
- (move)to weave in and outintrufolarsi (of dentro)he was weaving in and out of the trafficzigzagava nel trafficoto weave betweenintrufolarsi trato weave towards something(drunk) avvicinarsi a qualcosa Barcollando(avoiding obstacles) avvicinarsi a qualcosa zigzagandohe was weaving unsteadilybarcollava
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com