Translation of whisk in Italian:
- 2 (transport, move quickly)he was whisked off to meet the presidentè stato portato su due piedi dal presidenteshe was whisked off to hospitalè stata portata in fretta all'ospedaleshe whisked open the gateha aperto in fretta il cancellohe whisked the plates off the tableha tolto in fretta i piatti dal tavolo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com