Translation of wide in Italian:
- 1 (broad)(river, opening, mouth)
largo(margin)how wide is your garden?
ampioquanto è largo il tuo giardino?it's 30 cm wideè largo 30 cmthe river is 1 km across at its widestil fiume raggiunge la larghezza massima di 1 kmthey're making the street widerstanno allargando la stradaher eyes were wide with fearaveva gli occhi spalancati per la paura
- 2 (immense)(ocean, desert, sky)he had no-one to talk to in the whole wide world
immenso, vastonon aveva nessuno al mondo con cui parlare
- 3 (extensive)(variety, choice)
ampio, grande(market)a woman of wide interests
ampio, estesouna donna dai vasti interessia wide range of productsun'ampia gamma di prodottia wide range of opinionsuna vasta gamma di opinioniin the wide European context in the widest sense of the word
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com