Translation of wife in Italian:
noun pl. wives
- 1 (spouse) she was his second wifeera la sua seconda mogliehe had three children by his first wifeaveva avuto tre figli dalla prima moglieshe will make him a good wife many wives would disagreemolte donne sposate non sarebbero d'accordoto take somebody as one's wife [formal] o , to take somebody to wife [archaic]prendere qualcuno in mogliethe wife [informal] [humorous]la signora, la padrona
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com