Translation of winner in Italian:
- 1 (victor) to be the winner(s) (Sport)riuscire vincitoreto be on to a winner (in horseracing)puntare sul cavallo vincente (also figurative)to back the winnerpuntare o scommettere sul vincentehe certainly backed a winner when he married hersposandola ha davvero fatto un affareto pick o spot the winner (in horseracing) winner takes all (Games)il vincitore prende tuttothat shot was a winner!era un gran tiro! era un tiro vincente!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*
*Advertising-free access on main Oxforddictionaries.com site only. Advertising also appears in embedded videos on Oxforddictionaries.com