Translation of worthy in Italian:
- 1mai attrib. (deserving)to be worthy of somethingessere degno o meritevole di qualcosathat's not worthy of mention, of your attention is he worthy of the honour?è degno di questo onore?the idea's not worthy of your considerationl'idea non merita di essere presa in considerazioneworthy of note to be worthy of doing the matter's, he's not worthy of being taken seriouslynon vale la pena di prendere la questione seriamente, non vale la pena di prenderlo sul serioto be worthy to doessere degno di fare
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Subscribe to Oxford Dictionaries Italian
- Italian-English and English-Italian dictionary
- more than 750,000 words, phrases, and translations, including idioms
- covers Italian and British & American English
- thousands of example sentences to show language in use
- listen to Italian words and sentences
- hundreds of grammar and usage notes for tricky translation problems
- up-to-date and accurate translations
- remove adverts*