Translation of Belisha beacon in Spanish:
- (in UK)(señal luminosa intermitente en un cruce peatonal)Example sentences
- However at 16% of pedestrian crossings at least one of the Belisha beacons was not operating.
- By 1951 the black and white stripes, with Belisha beacons on either side of the road, were approved as ‘Zebra’ crossings; the first officially installed in Slough.
- When the village school was built in the 19th century all was quiet, but by 1955 it was getting busier - there are Belisha beacons across School Lane.
Definition of Belisha beacon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to