Translation of Edwardian in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- During the late-Victorian and Edwardian era British clerks were under considerable strain to construct a positive masculine identity and experience.
- Built in 1910, this Edwardian house has been completely restored in recent years by its present owners and retains numerous original features.
- Charleville Square is a modern development of Edwardian style houses off Butterfield Avenue in Rathfarnham, around four miles from the city centre.
- eduardiano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- In writing about the Edwardians, he eschews the conventional attitude which sees the 20th-century 'noughties' as a period of languorous weekends on the estates of the bloated plutocrats with whom Edward VII surrounded himself.
- I was a penniless student trying to tour the Greek mainland with the help of Pausanias, a Roman travel writer who lived nearly 2,000 years ago and was to Imperial Rome what Baedecker was to the Edwardians.
- The Edwardians were no slackers when it came to enjoyment and in their heyday the grand Bohemian resorts of Marienbad and Carlsbad read like a roll call of honour for the great and glorious of the day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.