Translation of Gorgon in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Mythol] gorgona (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (fierce woman) arpía (feminine)
- He goes on a quest to kill the gorgon Medusa and is helped by Hermes and Aphrodite.
- Soon the holy image of the gorgon Medusa as an ancient symbol of female power and wisdom became totally unacceptable.
- The gorgons were three sisters, only one of whom, Medusa, was mortal.
- In fact, she was a wonderful contrast to some of the archive gorgons we had encountered over the years in military and political archives.
- I drink expensive drinks, eat at chi-chi over-priced LES restaurants, shop like a gorgon from hell on a day-pass, and hell, I SMOKE.
- Politically loathsome as the character may be, the actress found herself inventing dialogue to humanise the gorgon.
Definition of Gorgon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.