- 1.1 [Myth] gorgona (f)More example sentences1.2 (fierce woman) arpía (f)
More example sentences
- He goes on a quest to kill the gorgon Medusa and is helped by Hermes and Aphrodite.
- Soon the holy image of the gorgon Medusa as an ancient symbol of female power and wisdom became totally unacceptable.
- The gorgons were three sisters, only one of whom, Medusa, was mortal.
- In fact, she was a wonderful contrast to some of the archive gorgons we had encountered over the years in military and political archives.
- I drink expensive drinks, eat at chi-chi over-priced LES restaurants, shop like a gorgon from hell on a day-pass, and hell, I SMOKE.
- Politically loathsome as the character may be, the actress found herself inventing dialogue to humanise the gorgon.
Definition of Gorgon in:
- The US English dictionary
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.