Translation of Gorgon in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Mythol] gorgona (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (fierce woman) arpía (feminine)
- He goes on a quest to kill the gorgon Medusa and is helped by Hermes and Aphrodite.
- Soon the holy image of the gorgon Medusa as an ancient symbol of female power and wisdom became totally unacceptable.
- The gorgons were three sisters, only one of whom, Medusa, was mortal.
- In fact, she was a wonderful contrast to some of the archive gorgons we had encountered over the years in military and political archives.
- I drink expensive drinks, eat at chi-chi over-priced LES restaurants, shop like a gorgon from hell on a day-pass, and hell, I SMOKE.
- Politically loathsome as the character may be, the actress found herself inventing dialogue to humanise the gorgon.
Definition of Gorgon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.