Translation of Gothic in Spanish:
- 1 (Architecture, Literat)Example sentences
- About 1120 arches began to be made pointed, and from this grew the style known as Early English, the first phase of Gothic architecture in England.
- Ramsey reminds us of the increased importance and status of named architects at this time, a process initiated during the earlier periods of Gothic architecture.
- Nor were these all soaring, vertical lancets that ended, Gothic style, in pointed arches.
- Although William Beckford wrote a Gothick romance as reckless and immoderate as himself, his life of epic prodigality would arrest attention had he not written a single line.
- The Castle of Otranto was an early example of the Gothick horror novel and Historic Doubts on Richard III fathered a minor academic industry.
- It's not a genre like, say, science fiction or Gothic horror or romance.
- 2 (History)(language)
- With the extinction of the Ostrogothic language, the longest-surviving Gothic people finally disappeared from history.
- He translated the Bible from Greek into the Gothic language.
- The Germans consolidated in the Po Valley, along the so-called Gothic line, and fought a hard battle through the autumn and winter months.
- 3 (Printing)(type/script)
gótico(sans serif) (American English)
sin patinesExample sentences
- It comes in two different typographic styles, Gothic typeface and graffiti style, both of which are popular in hip-hop on an international scale.
- A band of gilded silver inscribed with Gothic lettering that reads BRACHIUM S. PHILIPPI encircles the wrist of the arm relic.
- In Europe, the Gothic script of some manuscripts and of early printing (Gutenberg's, for example) enjoys a similar life as pattern alone.
- 1 (Architecture) English/International Gothicgótico inglés/internacionalExample sentences
- Here, I stood face-to-face with magnificent structures in 17 architectural styles, including Gothic, renaissance and classical.
- After much discussion, we looked at different door styles from different architectural styles such as Gothic, Art Deco, Colonial and Modern.
- She also gave an account of the Russian architecture - Baroque, Gothic, Art Nouveau.
- 4 (Printing)(sans serif) (American English)
caracteres (masculine plural) sin patinesExample sentences
- ‘Erich’ became ‘Eric’ and he now wrote in Latin characters instead of Gothic.
- It is also written in the new humanist script: this replaced medieval Gothic script and, in its rejection of Gothic's abbreviations and fusion of letters, made text more accessible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.