Translation of Gothic in Spanish:
- 1 [Architecture/Arquitectura] [Literat] góticoExample sentences
- About 1120 arches began to be made pointed, and from this grew the style known as Early English, the first phase of Gothic architecture in England.
- Ramsey reminds us of the increased importance and status of named architects at this time, a process initiated during the earlier periods of Gothic architecture.
- Nor were these all soaring, vertical lancets that ended, Gothic style, in pointed arches.
- Although William Beckford wrote a Gothick romance as reckless and immoderate as himself, his life of epic prodigality would arrest attention had he not written a single line.
- The Castle of Otranto was an early example of the Gothick horror novel and Historic Doubts on Richard III fathered a minor academic industry.
- It's not a genre like, say, science fiction or Gothic horror or romance.
- 2 [History/Historia] [language] gótico; [people] godoExample sentences
- With the extinction of the Ostrogothic language, the longest-surviving Gothic people finally disappeared from history.
- He translated the Bible from Greek into the Gothic language.
- The Germans consolidated in the Po Valley, along the so-called Gothic line, and fought a hard battle through the autumn and winter months.
- 3 [Printing/Imprenta] [type/script] gótico; (sans serif) (American English/inglés norteamericano) sin patinesExample sentences
- It comes in two different typographic styles, Gothic typeface and graffiti style, both of which are popular in hip-hop on an international scale.
- A band of gilded silver inscribed with Gothic lettering that reads BRACHIUM S. PHILIPPI encircles the wrist of the arm relic.
- In Europe, the Gothic script of some manuscripts and of early printing (Gutenberg's, for example) enjoys a similar life as pattern alone.
- 1 [Architecture/Arquitectura] gótico (masculine) English/International Gothic gótico inglés/internacional
- 2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] gótico (masculine)
- 3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Cinema/Cine] [Literat] [Theater/Teatro] obra (feminine) gótica
- 4 [Printing/Imprenta] letra (feminine) gótica; (sans serif) (American English/inglés norteamericano) caracteres (masculine plural) sin patines
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...