Translation of Mogul in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in India) mogol (masculine) the Great Mogul el Gran MogolExample sentences
- The Mughals were Muslims who ruled a country with a large Hindu majority.
- The Mughals of India were mighty rulers, for three centuries, especially in their golden days for six generations, from
- The Taj Mahal is the most beautiful monument built by the Mughals, the Muslim rulers of India.
(mogul)(powerful person) magnate (masculine and feminine)
- Gowing asked: ‘Are you a believer in the Great Mogul? ‘and then stood up.’
- The representations of Jahangir, the Great Mogul, by English travellers, merchants, and diplomats who visited and resided in India in the early seventeenth century largely perpetuate this binary.
- A letter of his from the court of the Great Mogul is printed by Purchas, and this and another letter from the East are included in the compilation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.