- 1.1 (in India) mogol (m) the Great Mogul el Gran MogolMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- The Mughals were Muslims who ruled a country with a large Hindu majority.
- The Mughals of India were mighty rulers, for three centuries, especially in their golden days for six generations, from
- The Taj Mahal is the most beautiful monument built by the Mughals, the Muslim rulers of India.
(mogul)(powerful person) magnate (mf)
- Gowing asked: ‘Are you a believer in the Great Mogul? ‘and then stood up.’
- The representations of Jahangir, the Great Mogul, by English travellers, merchants, and diplomats who visited and resided in India in the early seventeenth century largely perpetuate this binary.
- A letter of his from the court of the Great Mogul is printed by Purchas, and this and another letter from the East are included in the compilation.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.