- 1.1 (in India) mogol (masculine) the Great Mogul el Gran MogolMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- The Mughals were Muslims who ruled a country with a large Hindu majority.
- The Mughals of India were mighty rulers, for three centuries, especially in their golden days for six generations, from
- The Taj Mahal is the most beautiful monument built by the Mughals, the Muslim rulers of India.
(mogul)(powerful person) magnate (masculine and feminine)
- Gowing asked: ‘Are you a believer in the Great Mogul? ‘and then stood up.’
- The representations of Jahangir, the Great Mogul, by English travellers, merchants, and diplomats who visited and resided in India in the early seventeenth century largely perpetuate this binary.
- A letter of his from the court of the Great Mogul is printed by Purchas, and this and another letter from the East are included in the compilation.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.