- (British English) → Mother's DayExample sentences
- Unlike Mothering Sunday, Father's Day (which is next Sunday) has no roots in Britain's history.
- The original idea of Mothering Sunday on the fourth Sunday of Lent is quite charming.
- The British Mothering Sunday, an Anglican tradition, was a private activity, observed on the fourth Sunday in Lent, and associated with domestic servants and poor families gathering on a particular day.
Definition of Mothering Sunday in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.