Translation of Persian in Spanish:
- the Persian Gulfa Persian carpetel Golfo Pérsicouna alfombra persaExample sentences
- Our bus has been chugging uphill out of the city of Shiraz in southern Iran on the road to Persepolis, the ancient Persian capital.
- The first calendar was located in inscriptions at Persepolis, an ancient Persian city located near the present city of Shiraz that was the symbolic capital of the Achaemenids.
- The mighty Persian empire (founded in Asia a generation earlier by Cyrus the Great and expanded by his son Cambyses to take in Egypt) is in crisis, since a usurper has occupied the throne.
- 1 1.1 uncountable (language) 1.2 countable (person)Example sentences
- The ancient Assyrians, Persians, Greeks, Romans and East Indians used it to treat certain illnesses.
- There are also smaller groups of Ukrainians, Turks, Persians, and Jews.
- More than 4,000 years ago, the ancient Assyrians, Persians, and Babylonians used mastiffs wearing spiked collars to attack their enemies.
- Since the 1970s, a growing number of Kurds have rediscovered their non-Turkish roots, based in part on Kurdish, an Indo-European language related to Persian.
- Written Persian is transcribed by a modified version of Arabic script, even though Persian is a member of the Indo-European family of languages.
- If successful, the World Service site plans to introduce this option in other languages including Arabic, Persian and Spanish later in the year.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.