Translation of Portuguese in Spanish:
noun plural Portuguese
- 1.1 uncountable (language)Example sentences1.2 countable (person)
portugués, (-guesa) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- You hear French and Portuguese spoken on the streets a lot.
- It seems there are many dialects of Portuguese spoken in several countries in South America.
- Brazil and East Timor are former Portuguese colonies, and Portuguese is spoken in both.
- The Irish are the latest to get on the building bandwagon, which had been dominated by the Italians, Germans and Portuguese.
- The survivors, who are Spanish and Portuguese, are expected to leave for home today.
- He prevented the Danish fleet from falling into French hands and supported the Spaniards and Portuguese in their struggle against Napoleon.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.