Translation of Portuguese in Spanish:
noun plural Portuguese
- 1.1 uncountable (language) 1.2 countable (person)portugués, (-guesa) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The Irish are the latest to get on the building bandwagon, which had been dominated by the Italians, Germans and Portuguese.
- The survivors, who are Spanish and Portuguese, are expected to leave for home today.
- He prevented the Danish fleet from falling into French hands and supported the Spaniards and Portuguese in their struggle against Napoleon.
- You hear French and Portuguese spoken on the streets a lot.
- It seems there are many dialects of Portuguese spoken in several countries in South America.
- Brazil and East Timor are former Portuguese colonies, and Portuguese is spoken in both.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.