Translation of Puritan in Spanish:
- 1.1 puritano, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2
(puritan)(morally) puritano, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- From its inception there had been a committed Protestant minority who aspired to complete a full Protestant reformation - the Puritans.
- Excessive frivolity has always been frowned upon by some, and Christmas was not celebrated by the Puritans or Calvinists.
- Unlike the English Puritans, the Dutch Reformed ministers made no efforts to evangelise the native peoples of the area.
- These are precisely the values the puritans and zealots of many faiths and ideologies would destroy.
- A few centuries ago it may not have seemed out of place, but even modern-day American puritans have been shocked by Florida's so-called ‘Scarlet Letter’ law.
- Teetotalers, or people who drink in moderation, on the other hand are boring, no fun, puritans, kill-joys etc.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.