Translation of Puritan in Spanish:
- 1.1 puritano, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2
(puritan)(morally) puritano, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- From its inception there had been a committed Protestant minority who aspired to complete a full Protestant reformation - the Puritans.
- Excessive frivolity has always been frowned upon by some, and Christmas was not celebrated by the Puritans or Calvinists.
- Unlike the English Puritans, the Dutch Reformed ministers made no efforts to evangelise the native peoples of the area.
- These are precisely the values the puritans and zealots of many faiths and ideologies would destroy.
- A few centuries ago it may not have seemed out of place, but even modern-day American puritans have been shocked by Florida's so-called ‘Scarlet Letter’ law.
- Teetotalers, or people who drink in moderation, on the other hand are boring, no fun, puritans, kill-joys etc.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the