Translation of Puritan in Spanish:
- 1.1 puritano, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2
(puritan)(morally) puritano, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- From its inception there had been a committed Protestant minority who aspired to complete a full Protestant reformation - the Puritans.
- Excessive frivolity has always been frowned upon by some, and Christmas was not celebrated by the Puritans or Calvinists.
- Unlike the English Puritans, the Dutch Reformed ministers made no efforts to evangelise the native peoples of the area.
- These are precisely the values the puritans and zealots of many faiths and ideologies would destroy.
- A few centuries ago it may not have seemed out of place, but even modern-day American puritans have been shocked by Florida's so-called ‘Scarlet Letter’ law.
- Teetotalers, or people who drink in moderation, on the other hand are boring, no fun, puritans, kill-joys etc.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.