Translation of Somali in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (person) 1.2 uncountable (language)Example sentences
- All Somalis speak Somali, the official language.
- It is home to people of different national origins whose first languages include Somali, Hindi, Urdu and Bengali.
- The desert-dwelling peoples of the Southeast speak dialects of Somali.
- Readers learn something about Somalis and Muslims and about the quiet, often-unseen battles being waged each day over culture and tradition.
- Unlike other Muslims, Somalis believe that both their religious and secular leaders have the power to bless and to curse people.
- In a metropolis which is 60 percent white, Somalis are not only African but Muslim as well, making them targets of racism and prejudice manifested in housing discrimination, hate crimes and police brutality.
- There are photographs of Iraqis, Kurds, Somalis and refugees from the former Soviet Union.
- The measure affected Afghans, Somalis and Chechens facing return to regions beset by civil wars or with no functioning government.
- It was part of a nationwide crackdown on the centers that Somalis use to send money home to family members.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.