Translation of Sunday in Spanish:
- 1.1 (day) domingo (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [mass] dominical in one's Sunday best vestido de domingo, endomingado Sunday opening apertura (feminine) de las tiendas los domingos Sunday supplement suplemento (masculine) dominical or del domingo Sunday trading comercio (masculine) en domingo Sunday trading laws leyes (feminine plural) reguladoras del comercio en domingo see also MondayExample sentences1.2 (newspaper) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], dominical (masculine), diario (masculine) or periódico (masculine) dominical or de los domingos
- On Sunday night there had been a long group discussion about what makes a great trainer.
- Mr Haigh said a couple had knocked on his door on Sunday evening asking him if he had lost a camera.
- On Sunday, the second in the series of car boot sales at Gigg Lane was a resounding success.
- An avid reader he keeps up with current affairs by always reading the daily newspaper, the Sundays and, of course, the local papers.
- With all the previous week's news digested, the Sundays have to offer something new to entice readers to the read the glossy adverts.
- Both Rangers and Celtic give Friday press conferences at which different players are put up for the daily papers and the Sundays.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to