Translation of Sunday in Spanish:
- 1.1 (day) domingo (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [mass] dominical in one's Sunday best vestido de domingo, endomingado Sunday opening apertura (feminine) de las tiendas los domingos Sunday supplement suplemento (masculine) dominical or del domingo Sunday trading comercio (masculine) en domingo Sunday trading laws leyes (feminine plural) reguladoras del comercio en domingo see also MondayExample sentences1.2 (newspaper) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], dominical (masculine), diario (masculine) or periódico (masculine) dominical or de los domingos
- On Sunday night there had been a long group discussion about what makes a great trainer.
- Mr Haigh said a couple had knocked on his door on Sunday evening asking him if he had lost a camera.
- On Sunday, the second in the series of car boot sales at Gigg Lane was a resounding success.
- An avid reader he keeps up with current affairs by always reading the daily newspaper, the Sundays and, of course, the local papers.
- With all the previous week's news digested, the Sundays have to offer something new to entice readers to the read the glossy adverts.
- Both Rangers and Celtic give Friday press conferences at which different players are put up for the daily papers and the Sundays.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.