Translation of abdication in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (of throne)Example sentences1.2 uncountable [formal]
(of duty, responsibility)(of rights)Example sentences
- The conference at Abernethy ended in the abdication of Constantin.
- His death was followed 11 months later by King Edward VIII's abdication.
- Meanwhile, Russia's problems did not disappear with the abdication.
- Spoiling your ballot paper (s) today is an abdication of personal responsibility.
- Garrow offers three basic reasons why he thinks Justice Blackmun is guilty of "a scandalous abdication of judicial responsibility."
- Or there may be a tendency to place too much faith in Fate, which leads to an abdication of personal responsibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.