Translation of abdication in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (of throne)Example sentences1.2 uncountable [formal]
(of duty, responsibility) abdicación (feminine) [formal](of rights) renuncia (feminine)Example sentences
- The conference at Abernethy ended in the abdication of Constantin.
- His death was followed 11 months later by King Edward VIII's abdication.
- Meanwhile, Russia's problems did not disappear with the abdication.
- Spoiling your ballot paper (s) today is an abdication of personal responsibility.
- Garrow offers three basic reasons why he thinks Justice Blackmun is guilty of "a scandalous abdication of judicial responsibility."
- Or there may be a tendency to place too much faith in Fate, which leads to an abdication of personal responsibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.