Translation of abet in Spanish:
transitive verb -tt-
- (crime)(person) see also → aid 2
inducir or instigar aExample sentences
- Now he had betrayed the hometown people by aiding and abetting their enemies.
- The basic premise is that anyone who opposes the foreign or domestic policies of the government is ipso facto guilty of aiding and abetting the terrorists.
- The one who did not return to clear his name became the only one still convicted - of aiding and abetting people now cleared of any offence.
- As the accessory foresaw only minor physical harm, he was guilty of aiding and abetting manslaughter.
- In any jurisdiction in the country, aiding and abetting a felony is a crime, subject to prosecution, trial, and imprisonment.
- The implication is that business schools are aiding and abetting accounting fraud and other misdeeds by failing to teach their students not to commit crimes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.