Translation of ability in Spanish:
noun plural abilities
- (faculty, power) capacidad (feminine)a student of great abilityun estudiante muy capazwith the ability to lead a teamcon aptitudes para dirigir un equipoto the best of one's ability
capaz de dirigir un equipolo mejor que uno puedaI did it to the best of my ability her ability to walk is now severely impairedsu movilidad se ha visto seriamente afectadahe lost the ability to speakperdió el hablapeople's ability to paylos recursos de (que dispone) la genteExample sentences
- All you are paying for is the ability to say that you've seen it early.
- Britain should adopt a graduated income tax based on the ability to pay.
- Finally, a more equal system of registration fees should be introduced, based on the ability to pay.
- She utilized her resources to the best of her ability.
- I'd never seen her in a show before, so I had no idea the extent of her ability.
- It is a mark of her ability that the player has managed to remain in the world's top five despite the injuries.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.