Translation of ability in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- (faculty, power)a student of great abilitywith the ability to lead a teamun estudiante muy capazto the best of one's abilitycon aptitudes para dirigir un equipocapaz de dirigir un equipoI did it to the best of my ability her ability to walk is now severely impairedlo mejor que uno puedahe lost the ability to speaksu movilidad se ha visto seriamente afectadapeople's ability to payperdió el hablalos recursos de (que dispone) la genteExample sentences
- All you are paying for is the ability to say that you've seen it early.
- Britain should adopt a graduated income tax based on the ability to pay.
- Finally, a more equal system of registration fees should be introduced, based on the ability to pay.
- She utilized her resources to the best of her ability.
- I'd never seen her in a show before, so I had no idea the extent of her ability.
- It is a mark of her ability that the player has managed to remain in the world's top five despite the injuries.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.