- 1.1 countable/numerable (dwelling place) [liter or hum] morada (feminine) [liter o hum] welcome to my humble abode [humorous/humorístico] bienvenido a mi humilde morada [humorous/humorístico]More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Law/Derecho] place of abode domicilio (masculine) [formal], residencia (feminine) [formal] right of abode derecho (masculine) de residencia of no fixed abode sin domicilio fijo
More example sentences
- These are the people living in bed and breakfasts, sofa surfing with friends and moving from house to house with no fixed abode.
- In between the luxurious modern houses are two curious abodes.
- Their house was more like a small castle than a humble abode.
- This points to a worldly, finite, lived morality - to an ethos in its sense of abode and dwelling place - and away from the abstract and systematic utilitarianism so common in Australia.
- In the time since he had left his native Ballyredmond and taken up his abode in Rathvilly he had spent a period of time in Courtown, Co. Wexford.
- The independent senator said a lot of the crime in the society was being committed by people of no fixed place of abode.