Translation of absolute in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (complete, perfect) with absolute certaintythe absolute truthcon absoluta or plena certezaan absolute beginnerla pura verdadat the absolute maximumun principiante que no sabe absolutamente nada1.2 (as intensifier) it was an absolute disastercomo máximoabsolute chaos/disasterfue un absoluto desastre or un desastre totalhe's an absolute idiotel caos/desastre más absolutoshe gave me a look of absolute hatredes un tonto redomadoit's an absolute disgraceme lanzó una mirada de odio reconcentradoes un escándalo
- 2 2.1 (unconditional)(right)(pardon/freedom)sin condiciones(guarantee/devotion)it's an absolute necessityour decree became absolutees absolutamente imprescindible2.2 (having unlimited power)nos concedieron el divorcio por sentencia firme(monarch/rule)Example sentences
- Because, as the hatchway ground shut at the center of his dazed vision, something far more shocking took hold - a total and absolute silence.
- Wilkinson is a desperately complex person, driven by a need for absolute perfection and total control in his life.
- When I saw it, the entire audience left the theatre in absolute silence.
- A great character: he's portrayed as being benign, a dictator, absolute ruler, yes, but beloved by his people.
- Nevertheless, even absolute monarchs or totalitarian dictators are constrained by forces beyond their control.
- Under the Australian constitution, drawn up in 1901, the governor-general has the powers of an absolute dictator.
- 3 (not relative) an absolute goodin absolute termsun bien absolutoabsolute knowledge (Philos)en términos absolutosconocimiento (masculine) absolutoExample sentences
- All wheat parameters we studied were unresponsive to blue light, so comparisons between relative and absolute blue light responses are not meaningful.
- But many economists believe that relative poverty rather than absolute standards is what matters.
- The right will no doubt point out that this is a comparison of relative, rather than absolute poverty.
- (Philos) the Absolutelo or el absolutoExample sentences
- Chittamatra, or Mind-Only school, presents a threefold classification of reality as the imaginary, the dependent and the absolute.
- The devotees sing bhajans, chant incantations, and priests perform aarti and puja, invoking the blessings of Shiva, the divine, the pure, the absolute.
- The order of reason accepts that the world is the realm of the relative; the order of prophecy imposes upon the world the pattern of the absolute.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.