Translation of absolutely in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (completely) [deny/reject] rotundamente, terminantemente I trust him absolutely tengo plena confianza en él I absolutely agree estoy totalmente or completamente de acuerdo I'm absolutely certain estoy segurísima or absolutamente segura she's not absolutely convinced no está totalmente convencida it's absolutely forbidden está terminantemente prohibido 1.2 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) [impossible] absolutamente it's absolutely revolting es de lo más asqueroso I'm absolutely fed up estoy hasta la coronilla [colloquial/familiar] it's absolutely true es la pura verdad you're absolutely right! ¡tienes toda la razón!Example sentences1.3 (as interjection/como interjección) do you agree? — oh, absolutely! ¿estás de acuerdo? — ¡claro or por supuesto (que sí)! that's a much better idea — oh, absolutely! esa idea es mucho mejor — ¡sin lugar a dudas! or ¡por supuesto!
- I can assure all the people in Pennsylvania these allegations are absolutely, totally and unequivocally false.
- I absolutely and totally agree with what Thatcher said
- I absolutely and totally support what he's doing.
- 2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] a transitive verb used absolutely un uso absoluto de un verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.