- 1 1.1 (completely) [deny/reject] rotundamente, terminantemente I trust him absolutely tengo plena confianza en él I absolutely agree estoy totalmente or completamente de acuerdo I'm absolutely certain estoy segurísima or absolutamente segura she's not absolutely convinced no está totalmente convencida it's absolutely forbidden está terminantemente prohibido 1.2 (as intensifier) [impossible] absolutamente it's absolutely revolting es de lo más asqueroso I'm absolutely fed up estoy hasta la coronilla [familiar/colloquial] it's absolutely true es la pura verdad you're absolutely right! ¡tienes toda la razón!More example sentences1.3 (as interj) do you agree? — oh, absolutely! ¿estás de acuerdo? — ¡claro or por supuesto (que sí)! that's a much better idea — oh, absolutely! esa idea es mucho mejor — ¡sin lugar a dudas! or ¡por supuesto!
- I can assure all the people in Pennsylvania these allegations are absolutely, totally and unequivocally false.
- I absolutely and totally agree with what Thatcher said
- I absolutely and totally support what he's doing.
- 2 [Ling] a transitive verb used absolutely un uso absoluto de un verbo transitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.