Translation of academic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in higher education) [career/record/scientist/research] académico academic dress toga (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (scholarly) [institution/discipline] académico; [publication] para eruditos or académicos; [child] intelectualmente capaz they adopted an academic approach to the problem adoptaron un enfoque muy intelectual
- In the academic environment, student retention and retention of alumni loyalty are important strategic goals.
- Pressures within the academic environment itself may subtly push professors toward viewing their students as would-be clones of themselves.
- The sex workers who come for training have to learn what research is about, what the budgets involve, how to negotiate within an unfamiliar academic environment.
- Sander looked at the impact of Catholic grade school education on academic achievement.
- I chose to interview eleven Vietnamese refugee youths who received scholarships for their academic achievement.
- But school is still only one strand of their education and academic achievement isn't everything.
- A variety of academic courses in foreign-area studies could precede or follow such summer programs.
- According to Dr. Rajan, the Centre is doing advanced research, apart from conducting usual academic courses of higher studies.
- All bona fide masters insist upon the completion of an academic course of study.
- Most of my academic friends engage in similar pursuits.
- At the moment, we attract a very intellectual, academic audience and we want to make it a cultural centre which will welcome family groups.
- You may not have all the book smarts that some people do, and I was certainly never an academic person.
- 2 (abstract) [question/debate] puramente teórico it is a matter of purely academic interest es una cuestión de interés puramente intelectual that's academic now eso ya no tiene ninguna trascendenciaExample sentences
- This is something that is of more academic than practical interest.
- The final game against Castlebar Mitchells was of academic interest only as Ballyhaunis could not make the play-offs.
- These are questions of more than academic interest.
- académico, (masculine, feminine); (teaching) profesor, (masculine, feminine) de universidad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.