Translation of accelerate in Spanish:
- (car/train/bus)(person)(Cars)apretar el acelerador(process/growth)acelerarseExample sentences
- Then the airplane starts accelerating rapidly and people begin panicking.
- The airplane accelerates very quickly in the dive and when seen from the ground appears extremely fast.
- What the figures don't tell you, though, is just how quickly this little car accelerates in the midrange.
- 1.1 1.2also: accelerated past participleaccelerated program (American English)Example sentences
- It may not have the highest percentage of population infected, but, frighteningly and tragically, its rate of increase is accelerating.
- This contribution is expected to increase as melting rates accelerate, though ultimately the added runoff is predicted to disappear as glaciers decline many decades from now.
- The rate of advance of biotech is likely to accelerate to such an extent that many people who are alive right now will live to see aging become at first partially reversible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.