Translation of accept in Spanish:
- 1 (receive willingly)(gift/invitation/award/job)
aceptar(credit card/check)they accepted him into their circle
aceptarlo admitieron or aceptaron en su círculoExample sentences
- Each individual job seeker approaches the job search in unique ways, so too will each one of you use your personal approach to accepting a job offer.
- He was delighted when Edinburgh Council agreed to accept the nativity scene sculpture and to display it in such a prominent position.
- For me, that moment was walking up the steps to the podium to accept the World Cup at home in Paris.
- The proposal was accepted and a policy was issued by Powell on behalf of the Defendants.
- If he accepts the proposal, the NIU would be left with only nine members and would lose its status as a group.
- The type of train system - the options include elevated, ground, monorail, light rail - would be decided before accepting proposals, he said.
- Other American students who have not yet been accepted to college use a gap year specifically to build their resumes.
- He's just going through the motions, like a high school senior who's already been accepted to college.
- Katie Charing, currently on a gap year, has been accepted into Somerville College, Oxford to study English.
- 2 2.1(argument/theory)
aceptar(explanation/apology)it is accepted practice in this sort of case
aceptares la práctica establecida en este tipo de casosthe accepted wisdom is that …la opinión de los que saben es que …Example sentences2.2 (recognize) I accept your right to refuse
reconozco que tienes derecho a negarteI accept that there is room for improvementreconozco que podría mejorarsedo you accept that you were wrong?¿reconoces or admites que estabas equivocado?Example sentences
- For my part I would accept those propositions as broadly correct.
- He accepts the proposition that he instinctively warms to people he perceives as battlers against the system.
- Yet if we accept the proposition that we live in a global economy, we need to consider how we're going to make our voices heard.
- He accepted their silence tolerantly and moved in to stand beside Kaezik.
- We're not accepting or tolerating homophobia, xenophobia, racism, any of that.
- Many things that were not to be tolerated in a civilised society in 1968 are now accepted - if not always welcomed.
- 3 (tolerate)(situation/misfortune)to accept the inevitable
aceptaraceptar lo inevitable
resignarse a lo inevitable
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.