Translation of accept in Spanish:
- 1 (receive willingly)(gift/invitation/award/job)
aceptar(credit card/check)they accepted him into their circle
aceptarlo admitieron or aceptaron en su círculoExample sentences
- Each individual job seeker approaches the job search in unique ways, so too will each one of you use your personal approach to accepting a job offer.
- He was delighted when Edinburgh Council agreed to accept the nativity scene sculpture and to display it in such a prominent position.
- For me, that moment was walking up the steps to the podium to accept the World Cup at home in Paris.
- The proposal was accepted and a policy was issued by Powell on behalf of the Defendants.
- If he accepts the proposal, the NIU would be left with only nine members and would lose its status as a group.
- The type of train system - the options include elevated, ground, monorail, light rail - would be decided before accepting proposals, he said.
- Other American students who have not yet been accepted to college use a gap year specifically to build their resumes.
- He's just going through the motions, like a high school senior who's already been accepted to college.
- Katie Charing, currently on a gap year, has been accepted into Somerville College, Oxford to study English.
- 2 2.1(argument/theory)
aceptar(explanation/apology)it is accepted practice in this sort of case
aceptares la práctica establecida en este tipo de casosthe accepted wisdom is that …la opinión de los que saben es que …2.2 (recognize) I accept your right to refusereconozco que tienes derecho a negarteI accept that there is room for improvementreconozco que podría mejorarsedo you accept that you were wrong?¿reconoces or admites que estabas equivocado?Example sentences
- He accepted their silence tolerantly and moved in to stand beside Kaezik.
- We're not accepting or tolerating homophobia, xenophobia, racism, any of that.
- Many things that were not to be tolerated in a civilised society in 1968 are now accepted - if not always welcomed.
- For my part I would accept those propositions as broadly correct.
- He accepts the proposition that he instinctively warms to people he perceives as battlers against the system.
- Yet if we accept the proposition that we live in a global economy, we need to consider how we're going to make our voices heard.
- 3 (tolerate)(situation/misfortune)to accept the inevitable
aceptaraceptar lo inevitable
resignarse a lo inevitable
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.