Translation of acceptable in Spanish:
- 1 (conduct)(satisfactory) aceptable(tolerable) admisible(compromise/risk)socially acceptable
aceptablesocialmente admisible or aceptableto be acceptable
tosomebodyresultarle aceptablewould that be acceptable to you? aalguien¿eso le resultaría aceptable?Example sentences
- I'd think a postcard from the next city would be an acceptable substitute for a formal thank you note.
- Then, too, he is an acceptable moderator to the candidates because he's firmly predictable.
- I found their arguments reasonable and a moderately acceptable update on the original book.
- The problems stemmed from different standards of privacy and acceptable noise levels.
- We also know that the Dunedin City Council is budgeting $30 million, over the next 2 years, to get its water standards up to an acceptable level.
- The tests showed the levels were within the acceptable standards for the EU and New Zealand.
- 2 (welcome)(gift)that would be most acceptable
muy adecuadoeso me ( or nos etc) resultaría muy gratoExample sentences
- Mind you, that was back when a pack of three new handkerchiefs was a highly acceptable and very welcome gift for Christmas.
- Otherwise, this is a very acceptable print that should please all 248 gazillion fans.
- Tobacco and snuff were convenient and acceptable items, and more luxurious fare was provided when possible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.