Translation of acceptance in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 u and c (of offer, responsibility, job) aceptación (feminine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (of authority, decision) aceptación (feminine) this does not imply our acceptance of your terms eso no implica que aceptemos sus condiciones 1.3 u and c (of bill, terms, risk) aceptación (feminine)
- Typically courteous, he began his acceptance speech by offering copious thanks to all and sundry.
- The commentary was her acceptance speech upon receiving the American Psychological Society's William James Fellow Award.
- While Dr Mullins has received irrevocable acceptances of his offer from shareholders, owning 36% of the company, it is now considered a near certainty that the buyout will fail.
- In our age, the term has become almost synonymous with an irrational acceptance of beliefs for which we lack evidence.
- ‘Due to the very favourable acceptance of the idea by the French people, the holiday is now celebrated all over the world,’ said Venkova.
- ‘Very good, that one,’ he reiterates his acceptance of my ideas.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (approval) aprobación (feminine) the proposal met with universal acceptance la propuesta obtuvo la aprobación de todos, la propuesta gozó del beneplácito de todos she finally won acceptance for her plan finalmente logró que su plan fuera aceptado
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.