Translation of access in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (to building, room) difficult/easy of access [formal]de difícil/fácil accesoaccess
tosomethingaccesoboth bedrooms have direct access to the bathroom aalgoambos dormitorios tienen acceso directo al baño or comunican con el bañohow did the thieves gain access?¿cómo entraron los ladrones?he was refused access to the press conferenceno se le permitió la entrada a la conferencia de prensaExample sentences
- Two side entrances provide access to the back garden - one has double timber doors which lead to a carport.
- A covered side entrance provides access to the large walled rear garden, which also has an outside toilet.
- There is plumbing for a washing machine, and a side door provides access to the garden.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (to person, information)access
tosomebody/somethingacceso (masculine)to grant a parent access to her/his children aalguien/algoconceder a la madre/al padre el derecho de visitado you have access to a telephone?¿hay algún teléfono que puedas usar?the public should be allowed access to these filesel público debería tener libre acceso a estos archivos2.2 (Computing)access tosomethingacceso (masculine)he got access to the system aalgoobtuvo acceso al sistema(before noun) (code/time)
de accesoExample sentences
- It is not a policy issue as to whether people should have access to water or not, people are naturally entitled to have access.
- Ensure that next year's influx of students have access to properly funded clubs and resources.
- It's right and proper that teachers have access to the full process of judicial review, which by its thorough nature, will take time.
- This group aims to support fathers who suffer after marital disputes, for example by being denied access to their children by the mother.
- At the same time union representatives were denied access to members and were not faxed requested safety reports.
- Ms. Stewart did not have her speech limited nor were students denied access to her as you suggest.
- 3 countable (of emotion) [literary]access
ofsomethingacceso (masculine) dealgo
- And in the afternoon, we saw a man who had strangled his girlfriend in her parents' house, also in an access of jealousy.
- Either a solution has presented itself or I've had an access of strength and energy which has been enough to get me through.
obtener acceso a
entrar aExample sentences
- The lack of protection means that e-mails and sensitive computer files can be accessed by hackers using little more than a laptop and an antenna.
- For example, today you can access Microsoft file servers with a Samba client.
- When the user accesses the file, online archiving retrieves that data twice as fast as it was compressed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.