- 1 uncountable/no numerable (to position, office)accession (
tosth) on his accession to manhood [formal] al llegar a la mayoría de edad on the accession of Prince Rupert al subir al trono el príncipe Rupert the accession of new members to the EU el ingreso de nuevos miembros a la UE since the accession of the new chairman desde que asumió sus funciones el nuevo presidente (before noun/delante del nombre) accession countries [European Union/Unión Europea] países (masculine plural) candidatosMore example sentences
- But Preston has been named as one of the nation's ‘Golden Cities’ to mark the 50th anniversary of the Queen's accession to the throne.
- The Queen yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of her father's death - and of her accession to the throne - with a poignant visit to a cancer unit.
- Albert's accession to the throne is a two-step event, with another ceremony expected to draw heads of state on November 19.
- 2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (acquisition) adquisición (feminine)
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (agreement) [formal]accession (
tosth) their accession to the treaty su adhesión al tratado his accession to our demands su aceptación de nuestras demandasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It is in this context that the Russian side raises the question of linking NATO membership for certain states to their accession to the Agreement on Adaptation of the CFE Treaty.
- Goff said accession to the treaty ‘signals that New Zealand is committed to closer engagement with ASEAN, and with Asia more generally.’
- It said the two sides agreed to hold the signing ceremony for China's accession to the treaty at a meeting between Chinese and ASEAN leaders slated for October on the Indonesian resort island of Bali.
More example sentences
- Twelve of these accessions were taken from collections of J. Bergelson and R. Mauricio.
- All the accessions were collected from various regions of the Middle East.
- To mark the occasion the museum's curators organized an exhibition featuring objects from the permanent collection, almost all of which were recent accessions specifically donated to celebrate the new building.
- The eastern frontier of the new Poland was fixed to run along the Curzon Line, while the question of the western border was left open, with a reference to ‘substantial accessions of territory in the north and west’.
- After clearing of native vegetation, rainfall accessions to the groundwater has increased in the order of 10-fold over natural rates.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.