Translation of accession in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (to position, office)accession (
tosomething)on his accession to manhood [formal]on the accession of Prince Rupertal llegar a la mayoría de edadthe accession of new members to the EUal subir al trono el príncipe Rupertsince the accession of the new chairmanel ingreso de nuevos miembros a la UE(before noun) accession countries (for the EU)desde que asumió sus funciones el nuevo presidenteExample sentences
- But Preston has been named as one of the nation's ‘Golden Cities’ to mark the 50th anniversary of the Queen's accession to the throne.
- The Queen yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of her father's death - and of her accession to the throne - with a poignant visit to a cancer unit.
- Albert's accession to the throne is a two-step event, with another ceremony expected to draw heads of state on November 19.
- 2 uncountable and countable (acquisition)Example sentences
- Twelve of these accessions were taken from collections of J. Bergelson and R. Mauricio.
- All the accessions were collected from various regions of the Middle East.
- To mark the occasion the museum's curators organized an exhibition featuring objects from the permanent collection, almost all of which were recent accessions specifically donated to celebrate the new building.
- 3 uncountable (agreement) [formal]accession (
tosomething)their accession to the treatyhis accession to our demandssu adhesión al tratadosu aceptación de nuestras demandasExample sentences
- It is in this context that the Russian side raises the question of linking NATO membership for certain states to their accession to the Agreement on Adaptation of the CFE Treaty.
- Goff said accession to the treaty ‘signals that New Zealand is committed to closer engagement with ASEAN, and with Asia more generally.’
- It said the two sides agreed to hold the signing ceremony for China's accession to the treaty at a meeting between Chinese and ASEAN leaders slated for October on the Indonesian resort island of Bali.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.