Translation of accession in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (to position, office)accession (
tosth) on his accession to manhood [formal] al llegar a la mayoría de edad on the accession of Prince Rupert al subir al trono el príncipe Rupert the accession of new members to the EU el ingreso de nuevos miembros a la UE since the accession of the new chairman desde que asumió sus funciones el nuevo presidente (before noun/delante del nombre) accession countries (for the EU) países (masculine plural) candidatosExample sentences
- But Preston has been named as one of the nation's ‘Golden Cities’ to mark the 50th anniversary of the Queen's accession to the throne.
- The Queen yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of her father's death - and of her accession to the throne - with a poignant visit to a cancer unit.
- Albert's accession to the throne is a two-step event, with another ceremony expected to draw heads of state on November 19.
- 2 u and c (acquisition) adquisición (feminine)
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (agreement) [formal]accession (
tosth) their accession to the treaty su adhesión al tratado his accession to our demands su aceptación de nuestras demandasExample sentences
- It is in this context that the Russian side raises the question of linking NATO membership for certain states to their accession to the Agreement on Adaptation of the CFE Treaty.
- Goff said accession to the treaty ‘signals that New Zealand is committed to closer engagement with ASEAN, and with Asia more generally.’
- It said the two sides agreed to hold the signing ceremony for China's accession to the treaty at a meeting between Chinese and ASEAN leaders slated for October on the Indonesian resort island of Bali.
- Twelve of these accessions were taken from collections of J. Bergelson and R. Mauricio.
- All the accessions were collected from various regions of the Middle East.
- To mark the occasion the museum's curators organized an exhibition featuring objects from the permanent collection, almost all of which were recent accessions specifically donated to celebrate the new building.
- The eastern frontier of the new Poland was fixed to run along the Curzon Line, while the question of the western border was left open, with a reference to ‘substantial accessions of territory in the north and west’.
- After clearing of native vegetation, rainfall accessions to the groundwater has increased in the order of 10-fold over natural rates.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas