- 1 uncountable/no numerable (to position, office)accession (
tosth) on his accession to manhood [formal] al llegar a la mayoría de edad on the accession of Prince Rupert al subir al trono el príncipe Rupert the accession of new members to the EU el ingreso de nuevos miembros a la UE since the accession of the new chairman desde que asumió sus funciones el nuevo presidente (before noun/delante del nombre) accession countries (for the EU) países (masculine plural) candidatosMore example sentences
- But Preston has been named as one of the nation's ‘Golden Cities’ to mark the 50th anniversary of the Queen's accession to the throne.
- The Queen yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of her father's death - and of her accession to the throne - with a poignant visit to a cancer unit.
- Albert's accession to the throne is a two-step event, with another ceremony expected to draw heads of state on November 19.
- 2 u and c (acquisition) adquisición (feminine)
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (agreement) [formal]accession (
tosth) their accession to the treaty su adhesión al tratado his accession to our demands su aceptación de nuestras demandasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It is in this context that the Russian side raises the question of linking NATO membership for certain states to their accession to the Agreement on Adaptation of the CFE Treaty.
- Goff said accession to the treaty ‘signals that New Zealand is committed to closer engagement with ASEAN, and with Asia more generally.’
- It said the two sides agreed to hold the signing ceremony for China's accession to the treaty at a meeting between Chinese and ASEAN leaders slated for October on the Indonesian resort island of Bali.
More example sentences
- Twelve of these accessions were taken from collections of J. Bergelson and R. Mauricio.
- All the accessions were collected from various regions of the Middle East.
- To mark the occasion the museum's curators organized an exhibition featuring objects from the permanent collection, almost all of which were recent accessions specifically donated to celebrate the new building.
- The eastern frontier of the new Poland was fixed to run along the Curzon Line, while the question of the western border was left open, with a reference to ‘substantial accessions of territory in the north and west’.
- After clearing of native vegetation, rainfall accessions to the groundwater has increased in the order of 10-fold over natural rates.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to