Translation of accident in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (mishap) to have an accidenttener or sufrir un accidenteroad accidentaccidente de tráfico or (in Latin America also) de tránsitowe arrived home without accident uncountablellegamos a casa sin contratiempos or percancesI hope they haven't had an accidentespero que no hayan tenido un accidente or no les haya pasado nadahe had a little accident at school today [euphemistic]hoy tuvo un pequeño percance en el colegio [euphemistic]accidents will happena cualquiera le puede pasar(before noun) accident preventionprevención (feminine) de accidentes or [formal] siniestrosExample sentences1.2 countable or uncountable (chance) it is no accident that …
no es una casualidad or un hecho fortuito que …it is a historical accident that …es un accidente histórico el que …it was (a) pure accident that their visits coincidedfue pura casualidad que sus visitas coincidierantheir third child was an accidentsu tercer hijo fue un descuidoby accident (by chance)por casualidad(unintentionally) sin quererExample sentences
- He said data from accidents and damage incidents is collected and used to tailor officer and staff training to improve safety and cut down costs.
- Air accident investigators say the incident was ‘serious’ and are checking instructions from air traffic control.
- Each year, more than 37,000 women die from accidents.
- As a result, they welcomed successful accidents and chance events.
- Thus, accidents or chance events function as sites around which narratives of individual difference can collocate.
- Perhaps it was no accident that the two events coincided, since the association between oysters and sex has been so hackneyed as to become an embarrassing cliché.
- By accident of birth, most, but not all American leaders, were born in the United States.
- And so now by pure accident of birth, I'm alive at a time where science is about to figure this out.
- All to make sure that the children get the opportunities they were denied by mere accident of birth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.