Translation of acclaim in Spanish:
- 1.1 (praise) an internationally acclaimed singerun cantante aclamado internacionalmenteExample sentences1.2 (proclaim) [formal] to acclaim somebody king/champion
aclamar or proclamar a alguien rey/campeón
- Then they would be publicly acclaimed as role models for the loyal opposition.
- They are some of the most committed people i know and should be publicly acclaimed.
- This as their visiting fans acclaimed their team with a volley of applause that would have done justice to a rookery of seals.
- the design was unveiled to general acclaimpresentaron el diseño, el cual fue muy aplaudido or elogiadoExample sentences
- Barbarian Invasions has won plaudits and critical acclaim in Canada and elsewhere.
- Since then he has won much acclaim and has had many public commissions, often on a large scale.
- He has achieved it without sponsorship, riches or public acclaim.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.