- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1( (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) accommodations)(lodgings) alojamiento (m), hospedaje (m) to find/book accommodation o (in American English also/en inglés norteamericano también) accommodations encontrar*/reservar alojamiento or hospedaje I can provide accommodation for five puedo alojar or dar alojamiento a cinco personas (before noun/delante del nombre) accommodation address (British English/inglés británico) domicilio (masculine) postal 1.2 (seat, berth) (American English/inglés norteamericano) plaza (feminine) 1.3 (space, room) espacio (m), sitio (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- For official figures, a person can be considered homeless while staying in temporary accommodation and not necessarily living on the streets.
- The family is now staying in temporary accommodation until their house in Ascension Close is rebuilt.
- People are forced to live in temporary accommodation for years because of the shortage of social housing, and people who come to Oxford to work find it very difficult to find anywhere affordable to live.
- She had lifeboat accommodation for 970 persons.
- T & T, by virtue of qualifying, has been allocated eight per cent of available seating accommodation at each of the three stadiums.
- On a bitterly chill day, plenty of accommodation was available for punters in the state-of-the-art stand, and facilities for hospitality were excellent.
- 2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (agreement, compromise) acuerdo (masculine) to reach an accommodation with sb over sth llegar* a un acuerdo con algn sobre algoMore example sentences
- There were tensions between tradition and Christianity, but there were also compromises and accommodations, a fusion of cultures.
- And, when a conflict becomes defined in religious terms, it also usually becomes more difficult to work out an accommodation or a compromise.
- The easy option is of course to seek to reach an accommodation with critics, and, if a compromise can be reached without sacrifice of principle, then this is a preferred course.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an