Translation of accord in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (agreement, harmony) to be in accord with somebody/somethingestar de acuerdo con alguien/algoof one's own accord(de) motu propiothe children helped of their own accord
voluntariamentelos niños ayudaron (de) motu propio or voluntariamentethe wheel seemed to turn of its own accordla rueda parecía girar por sí sola or por impulso propiowith one accordExample sentences
- Months after his visit in 1996, peace accords were signed.
- In 1996, peace accords were signed to bring an end to the armed conflict and to strike at the root causes of war.
- Today, with peace accords signed, open elections have decided the current government.
- Our experts are in accord: nothing builds legs like squats because they're a compound movement that stimulates all major muscles of the legs.
- The two men were in accord as to how the world ‘should’ work.
- Indeed, they were not just in accord: they were symbiotic.
- [formal](welcome)to accord somebody an honor
darconcederle or otorgarle or conferirle a alguien un honorExample sentences
- This was rejected, however, and full constitutional recognition was accorded to them.
- Sandback has never received the recognition accorded his minimalist peers.
- The necklace suggests that the deceased had been accorded high status.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.