Translation of accrue in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (build up) acumularse accrued interest interés (masculine) acumulado the wisdom that accrues with age la sabiduría que se va adquiriendo con la edad 1.2to accrue
tosb [formal] she is proud of the honors that have accrued to her está orgullosa de los honores que le han conferido the advantages that accrue to the educated las ventajas que otorga una educación formal
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [interest/profits] acumularExample sentences
- The Air Force has invited students to accrue the benefits from the career opportunities exhibition as a run up to the recruitment rally.
- Those who stay long enough to accrue retirement benefits stream back by the thousands.
- The rate at which directors can accrue benefits is also more generous than the schemes they offer to their staff.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.