Translation of ache in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (give pain)(tooth/ear/leg)my back/head aches
dolerme duele la espalda/la cabezamy legs/feet acheme duelen las piernas/los piesthese statistics make my head acheestas estadísticas me dan dolor de cabezaI'm aching all over it makes my heart acheme da muchísima penaExample sentences1.2
also: aching present participle(shoulders/muscles)with an aching heart
- She is talking up a storm and making my stomach ache with laughter.
- When my back starts to ache, I'll carry my laptop downstairs and work standing up on the counter in my kitchen.
- Annie's head ached, her ribs hurt from coughing, and the simple act of craning her neck to peer through a clear spot on the windshield made her dizzy.
doloridocon gran dolor de corazónher departure left an aching void in his lifesu partida dejó un doloroso vacío en su vida
- 2 (yearn)to ache to +
infinitiveansiar +to ache infinitive forsomethingsuspirar poralgoExample sentences
- We were aching with a desire to see a winner.
- Having golfed for a week in Scotland the week before I was aching to play.
- Anthea has not been on the television for years so is aching to get back into the limelight.
- dolor (masculine) (sordo y continuo)aches and painsachaques (masculine plural)with an ache in his heartcon gran dolor de corazónExample sentences
- But surprisingly to her, the painful ache in her heart did not come, nor did tears well up in her eyes.
- And now there is an intense ache where he was, where he would have been in all these things.
- It's more brazen, more shot through with the raw ache of relationships and the nakedness of emotional experience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.