Translation of ache in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (give pain)(tooth/ear/leg)my back/head aches
dolerme duele la espalda/la cabezamy legs/feet acheme duelen las piernas/los piesthese statistics make my head acheestas estadísticas me dan dolor de cabezaI'm aching all over it makes my heart acheme da muchísima penaExample sentences1.2
also: aching present participle(shoulders/muscles)with an aching heart
- By now I was bed-bound, unable to think straight, aching continually with what appeared to be a consistent low-grade flu.
- His chest muscles ached and he continued to pant.
- When you wake up, you're in pain, aching all over, your eyes are stinging from the light and you're hungry.
doloridocon gran dolor de corazónher departure left an aching void in his lifesu partida dejó un doloroso vacío en su vida
- 2 (yearn)to ache to +
infinitiveansiar +to ache infinitive forsomethingsuspirar poralgoExample sentences
- Although she ached with desire for him, Krystal was glad she would have time to plan the perfect romantic evening for them.
- The familiar feelings of longing returned, and his heart ached for her.
- How long her heart had ached for a hand to hold, for someone to call her own.
- dolor (masculine) (sordo y continuo)aches and painsachaques (masculine plural)with an ache in his heartcon gran dolor de corazónExample sentences
- But surprisingly to her, the painful ache in her heart did not come, nor did tears well up in her eyes.
- And now there is an intense ache where he was, where he would have been in all these things.
- It's more brazen, more shot through with the raw ache of relationships and the nakedness of emotional experience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.