- → acid 2 1, → acid 2 2Example sentences
- When this compound is dissolved in water, an acidic solution of hydrogen cyanide, also known as prussic acid, is produced.
- A method called scrubbing is used to chemically remove the acidic sulfur dioxide by putting it into contact with calcium carbonate which is a base.
- Chemical behavior, such as the acidic or basic properties of oxides, is also periodic.
- But it did come with a really perky blueberry chutney and suitably acidic sour dough toast.
- Slightly acidic white wines, such as Sauvignon or Muscadet, are best suited to salads (which also have high acidity) or oily dishes (which help soften the acidity in the wine).
- Dunking bread and vegetables into the pot, we soon felt very full and needed the slightly acidic wine to cut through the wall of gruyère and Emmental that was forming around our arteries.
- Associated with these intrusions were outpourings of andesitic and more acidic lavas and fine ashes.
- The mountains show a relief with extensive outcropping of Precambrian, acidic rocks.
- Porphyritic acidic volcanic rocks are widespread and referred to a calc-alkaline suite from an active margin setting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.