Translation of acknowledge in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (admit) I acknowledge that he is the better playeradmito or reconozco que él es mejor jugadorhe acknowledged himself beatenadmitió su derrota
se dio por vencidoExample sentences1.2 (recognize)
- The health officer acknowledged that dozens of refugees had fallen sick due to lack of food, medicine, clean water, bedding and sanitation.
- It is a truth universally acknowledged that American politics runs in generational cycles.
- At the post-summit press conference he acknowledged that the measures agreed were not a complete answer to the problem of illegal immigration.
reconocer(quotations/sources)to acknowledge somebody
hacer mención de
assomethingreconocer a alguienuniversally acknowledged comoalgomundialmente reconocidoan acknowledged master/factun maestro/hecho reconocidoshe acknowledged her debt to de Beauvoirreconoció su deuda para con de BeauvoirExample sentences1.3 (express appreciation of)
- Ryan acknowledged the importance of quality childcare provision and family support and the influence it had on the life chances of children was becoming more and more evident in society.
- In the years since its 1988 release, Fisherman's Blues has been acknowledged as an important staging post in the rebirth of folk music.
- Following his second one-man show in Paris in 1883, Monet began to be acknowledged as the foremost landscape painter of his day.
- Shortly thereafter, I received a letter that acknowledged my work ‘on behalf of the commonwealth of God.’
- Since the release of the film Carter has made a point of acknowledging his gratitude to the Canadian group.
- It is with much gratitude that Psychiatric Times acknowledges Dr. Moffic for his assistance in planning and reviewing this special report.
- 2 2.1 (confirm)(letter/order)to acknowledge receipt of something 2.2 (indicate recognition of)
acusar recibo de(greeting)
- ‘Rutherford never notices or acknowledges anyone around him,’ Marc pointed out.
- Whenever I go out, people refuse to acknowledge me if I start talking to them.
- Craven waved and smiled happily at Ms Markovich, but he refused to acknowledge his mother, who also sat in the public gallery.
- They attack the term ‘amnesty’ for implicitly acknowledging the validity of borders.
- Then Lord Elgin, his family and descendants of the noblemen who acknowledged the king's legitimate enthronement at the time, will dip their family flags in homage to the Bruce.
- I am heartened that they have acknowledged the validity of our marriage.
- The accused had acknowledged receipt of the document and signed the acknowledgement.
- She received a letter back acknowledging the processing fees and advising that she could now apply for her holiday.
- That letter was acknowledged by NCIS by letter dated 17th March, received into these offices on 20th March.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.