noun/nombrec and u
- 1.1 (recognition) reconocimiento (masculine) you've been quoted without acknowledgment te han citado sin la correspondiente mención does he appear in the acknowledgments? ¿aparece en la lista de menciones?More example sentences1.2 (confirmation, response) I've had no acknowledgment of my letter no han acusado recibo de mi carta she gave a quick smile of acknowledgment me saludó con una breve sonrisa
More example sentences
- Wallin, who has already received four honorary degrees and several awards and honours in acknowledgment of her work, will address graduates in applied health sciences and arts.
- Now, not only are you doing most of the work, you are not entitled to any acknowledgement, never mind gratitude, for doing it at all.
- Instead of trophies going to the winning teams, all dance groups were presented with framed certificates in acknowledgment of, and in thanks for, their participation.
- Even a passive observer would nod in acknowledgement.
- He was smiling in acknowledgement as their eyes met.
- We both nodded in acknowledgement and then I took a seat.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.