- 1.1 countable/numerable (person) conocido, (masculine, feminine) we're old acquaintances nos conocemos desde hace tiempoMore example sentences1.2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (with person) relación (feminine) a doctor of my acquaintance [formal] un médico que conozco ( or conocía etc) on closer acquaintance I found her … al llegar a conocerla mejor, la encontré … to make the acquaintance of sb, to make sb's acquaintance conocer* a algn I'm pleased to have made your acquaintance me alegro de haberlo conocido to strike up an acquaintance entablar una relación
More example sentences1.3 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (knowledge) acquaintance
- In some ways it is not the close friends but the acquaintances I miss the most.
- I leave behind a number of acquaintances and two close friends who have lived every moment of this ordeal with me.
- The people I called friends, more close acquaintances, left for university.
- If you get some special facilities because of your acquaintance with the doctor, don't make it public - have regard for the feelings and sentiments of other patients.
- She despises George and is diverted by the renewal of her acquaintance with the rakish Judge Brack who offers the possibility of flirting, gossip and intrigue.
- It was the most amazing part of his acquaintance with her yet.
withsth conocimiento (masculine) dealgo on first acquaintance, the city seems … al llegar a ella por primera vez, la ciudad parece …More example sentences
- Intuition represents knowledge by ‘direct acquaintance with things.’
- Next it brought an experimental acquaintance with grace and forgiveness.
- Some had experience of Frankish Gaul and hence some acquaintance with Roman institutions and culture.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.