Translation of acquaintance in Spanish:
- 1 countable (person)conocido, (-da) (masculine, feminine)we're old acquaintancesnos conocemos desde hace tiempoExample sentences
- In some ways it is not the close friends but the acquaintances I miss the most.
- I leave behind a number of acquaintances and two close friends who have lived every moment of this ordeal with me.
- The people I called friends, more close acquaintances, left for university.
- 2 uncountable or countable (with person) a doctor of my acquaintance [formal]un médico que conozco ( or conocía etc)on closer acquaintance I found her …al llegar a conocerla mejor, la encontré …to make the acquaintance of somebody, to make somebody's acquaintanceconocer a alguienI'm pleased to have made your acquaintanceme alegro de haberlo conocidoto strike up an acquaintanceentablar una relaciónExample sentences
- If you get some special facilities because of your acquaintance with the doctor, don't make it public - have regard for the feelings and sentiments of other patients.
- She despises George and is diverted by the renewal of her acquaintance with the rakish Judge Brack who offers the possibility of flirting, gossip and intrigue.
- It was the most amazing part of his acquaintance with her yet.
- 3 uncountable or countable (knowledge)acquaintance
withsomethingconocimiento (masculine)on first acquaintance, the city seems … dealgoal llegar a ella por primera vez, la ciudad parece …Example sentences
- Intuition represents knowledge by ‘direct acquaintance with things.’
- Next it brought an experimental acquaintance with grace and forgiveness.
- Some had experience of Frankish Gaul and hence some acquaintance with Roman institutions and culture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.