Translation of acquire in Spanish:
obtener(territories)I seem to have acquired a new lighter
apoderarse deparece que me he hecho de or con otro encendedorshe's acquired expensive tastesle han empezado a gustar las cosas carasI've acquired a taste for …le he tomado el gusto a …he'd acquired a British accentse le había pegado el acento británicoExample sentences
- Instead, tax will become payable automatically 30 days after the date that the purchaser acquires the property or land.
- On the other side sit large investors who acquire supplier assets at an attractive price.
- The company has neither improved its financial indicators, nor acquired new assets.
- Most teachers recognise that pupils vary in the speed and manner in which they grasp new ideas and acquire skills.
- When children go to camp, they learn to be more independent and acquire social skills.
- They want to learn more, know more and acquire skills like any other individual in society.
- Since the band's cultural rehabilitation, however, hasn't it acquired a certain cachet?
- The Illegal Eagles have progressed from playing the small local club circuit to acquiring a reputation for themselves at major concert venues.
- They are rapidly acquiring a reputation for producing accessible and uniquely powerful theatre.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.