Translation of active in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (energetic, busy)(person/life)(market/trading)
activo(Finance)we had a very active holiday
activopasamos unas vacaciones llenas de actividadExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Chemistry, Pharmacology)
- Among older adults categorized as physically active, 24.7 percent engage in strength training.
- Despite predictions of almost unbounded mobility, most people in industrialised nations are less physically active than ever before.
- Being physically active also helps, a morning run, ride or swim really gets those feel good hormones pumping and keeps those cortisol levels down.
- These are busy women with very active social lives.
- Not that Elle actually had time to notice what went on with Aaron lately, what with her new busy and active social life and all.
- Why not come along and join us. we are a very busy and active institute and meet on the third Thursday at St Peter's Church in Hextable.
- This was supposedly caused by a chemical transformation of the active ingredient, but that conclusion was disputed by other scientists.
- They then perform a crude screening of the organisms to determine if they contain novel chemicals that are biologically active.
- Large numbers of plant species are a great source of biologically active compounds whose effect on human health or genetic material is mostly unknown.
en actividadExample sentences
- Deception Island is a historically active volcano with the last eruptions about 30 years ago.
- The active volcanoes erupt a type of rock known as basalt.
- Some of the best rice-growing regions of Indonesia are in the shadow of active volcanoes.
- 2 2.1 (practicing) sexually active teenagersadolescentes que mantienen relaciones sexualesto be politically activemilitar políticamentethere are rebels active in the regionhay rebeldes luchando en la zonathe friars were active among the poorlos frailes trabajaban con los pobresExample sentences2.2 (positive, keen)
(member/role)to play an active part in something the proposal is under active consideration
- The order has a large urban base, and its educated members are particularly politically active.
- About a quarter were sexually active before participating in the Wise Guys program.
- He became politically active as a student and was a founder member of the Congress of Democrats.
activose está estudiando la propuesta seriamentehe takes an active interest in sportsigue con mucho interés todo lo relacionado con el deporteto take active steps to combat terrorismtomar medidas activas para combatir el terrorismo2.3 (Military) (before noun)(service/duty)to be in the active reserves o (British English) on the active list
activoestar en la reserva activa or la primera reservaExample sentences
- Rational strengths of force groupings for the employment in the zone of active combat operations can be substantiated by two methods.
- And, frankly, we saw what happened once active operations got under way.
- He has also noted that about half the cases this year occurred during active hostilities or combat operations in the Persian Gulf.
- 3 3.1 (Linguistics)Example sentences3.2
- Be ruthless with clutter, write in the active voice, place each idea into a sentence of its own, and lastly, get your punctuation right.
- Military vision documents are written in the active voice, with strong verbs and modifiers.
- Another advantage of sentences written in active voice is that the sentences are usually shorter.
- (Linguistics)the activeExample sentences
- By the way, they discuss many different kinds of bias on the part of the news agency, not just choice between actives and passives.
- Then there were yet more inflections of verbs, passives alongside actives, subjunctives alongside indicatives, imperatives, present and past participles, gerunds and gerundives.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.